Sunday, February 26, 2012

Assn 1 experiences

I think during the "assignment 1" I learned a lot about cameraless filmmaking. I think it really comes down to thinking that cameraless filmmaking has no rules. You just get to try out different things and find out what effect it might have on the film.

It was actually the first time I've ever developed any film, which was fun. So I think I liked the rayogram part best. Just because it was something I would never have thought about outside of this class.

I also liked doing the magazine transfers, as I had never heard of that before either. I thought that looked really cool when it was projected - especially if there is some sort of pattern within the images.

When we finished assignment one and projected it in class, it was interesting to see how it turned out. I was always surprised by how short it took to get through all the film. When you see all of the film in front of you, it is hard to think of how fast the images will go by. I did like doing the animation part of the assignment. Like I said, it went by really fast, but I was happy that I saw at least one of my animations of this spinning kind of wheel turn out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment