Monday, April 2, 2012

My Experience: The Saturday Shoot

The Saturday shoot was one of my favorite activities so far this semester (falling short to the pinhole camera). I loved being able to work with new people and get to know everyone a little better.

At first, I might have been a little nervous to have all of the responsibility on the class rather than the professor, but I think this was for the best, since in the "real world" you don't always have somebody to tell you step-by-step what to do.

I think that everyone (myself included) was a little anxious at the beginning, and maybe not very excited to be working for a class project on a Saturday afternoon. But after a little bit of chaos, everyone finally got organized and out the door. Once we started working together, everything kind of fell into place. For me, the Saturday shoot quickly turned into a great weekend rather than a group project.

The shoot definitely created some sort of confidence among everyone. Without any guidance, you had to become Shooting with film and using all kinds of equipment that already is a little daunting was fun to learn in a group setting. Like I've said, once everyone started to work with one another, it became much easier.


This is what I captured when I was running between the first two groups :)

No comments:

Post a Comment