Monday, April 23, 2012

Video Race Experience

I really like video races, so of course I liked this!

I decided to do a kind of social experiment with my 1min using the pack of film gels. I took out my camera (not allowed...right) and got footage of a night in my apartment.

As usual, I dragged my boyfriend into this adventure and we both taped a film gel to our forehead. We were just wondering if we could get everyone else to do the same thing, and wanted to see what the reactions would be. At first people were bewildered and excited about the whole thing and jumped to put one on their forehead. Then they thought about it and were FREAKING OUT about why I was doing this, and a lot of them ripped it off. One of my favorite parts was when we asked this guy if he wanted one and he said no a couple times. But once this girl he had been talking to said yes, he jumped for the chance to get one himself.

After shooting all of this, I went to my computer and edited it down to 1min. I got the audio cut together, and then started to plan out my animation sequence. We shot it with an iPhone and had it up on a sling type device that my boyfriend fashioned, hanging from the kitchen ceiling.

Making the animation sequence took a long time! We tried to do 5fps, and had to continually go back to the audio, to make sure each "person" was speaking at the right time. After this, I edited it together and.... finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment